Neova Guard - some expirience?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Tommy, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

After Arman announced that there will be soon a new Beta version of his 'Neova Guard' i decided to give the actual beta a try.

So far i am very impressed of its features. He claims his soft is the only one which uses MADP (Malware Action Detection and Protection). Seems pretty promising, even i don't know jet the difference to the well know HIPS. Perhaps somebody can explain that to me.

It's running smooth and stable here with the following environment:
    Windows XP SP2 English
    1 GB Ram

Uses about 5.5 MB Memory. CPU is nearly cero. It allows, besides other nice features, to secure my exe files of my AntiVirus and Firewall.

Seams to me a nice alternative to the common malware and Trojan detectors and a good complementation to an AV and FW.

Opinions?

2. nicM

nicM nico-nico

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

its just an HIPS. nothing special.

ive tried it and it ran well. the gui and options could use some work but overall, its not bad.

4. StevieO

StevieO Registered Member

I await the new version with interest. If you click on the hips link in the profile page of Arman Nayyeri, as i did hoping to find some more info and links on hips programs, you might be in for a nice surprise, or two.

http://www.blogger.com/profile-find.g?t=i&q=HIPS

StevieO

5. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Arman just told me that the official beta will be ready in about two months. He is fixing bugs in the moment. A first debug version could be available on request in about 1 month.

6. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes! This sounds very good, I hope the GUI will become a bit better and of course I also hope that it will monitor more stuff. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.