Neomailbox v.s. posteo

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by eadyea, Jun 29, 2016.

1. eadyea

eadyea Registered Member

Im seeking for a very good E-mail that takes privacy seriously. Posteo and neo seem to be good options for me - they both dont log meta-data and not scan e-mails. Neo is in Switzerland ,posteo is in germany. Not into self-host. (also attracted by protonmail/ tutonata but they dont encrypt metadata on servers or support imap
    -->
    Plz help:
    1>Do u suggest use custom domain? Im asking cuz posteo.de does not support custom domain. Is .ch better than .com in privacy?
    2>is neomailbox.com trustworthy? do you recommend?

2. compleo

compleo Registered Member

3. driekus

driekus Registered Member

I use neomailbox. My main reason for doing so is the ability to set multiple disposable email addresses (every site I use has a unique email address). They work well for me.

4. Posteo is a much much better service than Neomailbox. I found Neomailbox support lacking and have since closed my account there.

Also check out Runbox, Protonmail & Tutanota.

5. merisi

merisi Registered Member

I wouldn't trust neomailbox. I used them for a year, they lied about offering a 30 day money back guarantee and the support was terrible.

I paid via paypal and they took a note of my address which really annoyed me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.