needing help with prosecurity v1.30 free

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by kewljerk, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kewljerk

kewljerk Registered Member

Sending hello's, greetings and a big wasssup to all the folks here
    at Wilder's!

I been a lurker of your forums for several years, and have always found them to be entertaining and educational...Thank You.

But today me's got a problem.

I've been a user of Sygate firewall for many many years, and I've been kinda almost the last hold out, just refusing to give this firewall up.

I been using Prosecurity v1.30 Free to strengthen Sygate Pro, along with Avira, hosts file and a firewalled router.

During the last week I trialed some other firewalls, but always ran back to the comfort of Sygate Pro.

This week I uninstalled prosecurity 1.30 and installed v1.43, just to mess with it a bit, and get all nostalgic and stuff. After playing with it for a few days, I wanted to get back to my old setup and found that I had uninstalled the v1.30 installer from my portable drive.

So I completely uninstalled the v1.43 today, and did a system restore to a previous date to see if I could get the installer back, that's when the problems began.

On startup, the v1.30 was back, but the program won't start because it says "Loading Language Packet Failed! Language:English"

The program wants to start but it can't. Seems the restore process damaged the language pack.

Now it won't let me undo the restore or go to different restore dates.

The pc is working fine, except that Sygate and Avira won't load.

I was tempted to install v1.43 again, but I thought I'd better check with Wilder's first.

In Prosecurity's defense, I need to say that this program has worked sweetly for as long as its been on my pc, and what happen today was due to the restore process itself not copying the language pack.

My compliments to Jie for all the work he did.

Any assistance is most welcome.

Internet Explorer 7 SP2

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Any chance of finding PS 1.30 installer somewhere on the net and try to download it again? Just be careful where you get it from. Does your add/remove programs in windows show prosecurity 1.30 installed?

You may need to try something like revo uninstaller to get rid of all of what's remaining of PS 1.30 and try a fresh download (if you can find one). Otherwise you may need to just use revo and uninstall PS 1.30 and go with 1.43.

3. kewljerk

Thanks for your repy...

<Any chance of finding PS 1.30 installer somewhere on the net and try to download it again? Just be careful where you get it from. Does your add/remove programs in windows show prosecurity 1.30 installed?>

yes tried doing search for it, but the prosecurity v1.30 free i dint find.

Didn't try the revo program because the prosecurity was hanged in startup mode. The program was stuck trying to start
    because the language pack it calling for was missing.

I searched Wilder's for "prosecurity uninstall", did a safemode system restore to 2/19/10, and this worked! :eek:

Lotta lessons learned, but mostly i'll be missing my Prosecurity v1.30. :(

Thnx again.

4. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

I PM'd you a link to the download for ProSecurity Free. I loved that app. In fact, I haven't used a classical HIPS since it was discontinued.

5. kewljerk

<I PM'd you a link to the download for ProSecurity Free. I loved that app. In fact, I haven't used a classical HIPS since it was discontinued.>

Thank You!

Download completed just fine...:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.