Need Your Advice Dealing With Internet Software Vendor

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by huntnyc, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

have been researching Acrobat alternatives and did purchase one but did not like the lack of OCR capabilities so I bought Acrobat 8 Standard Full from www.Get-Software.us for very reasonable price. However, using serial number that was sent, I cannot activate the product. No phone number listed to call the vendor and cannot contact Adobe untile probably Tuesday after the holiday. Has anyone had any experience with dealing with this vendor and what do you think I should do in this situation? Right now, I will contact Adobe to see if they will resolve any issues related to serial number I was given. And, I will wait to hear by email or call back from vendor. But if no satisfaction, I will dispute the charges. Does that sound like a reasonable course to take in this type of situation and thank you.

Gary

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Re: Nedd Your Advice Dealing With Internet Software Vendor

If it was me and the serial didn't work and I couldn't get hold of the vendor I would have canceled the card payment on the spot.

3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

My short answer is to take a moment to read the vendor terms and act accordingly based on your purchase timing. For example, from their site, it is noted that:
    which implies that pursuing this in a slow sequential fashion and at deliberate pace is probably not the way to go. These folks may be perfectly fine, but they put tight constraints on the purchase, therefore act with that information fully in mind.

Blue

4. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

They sent an auto email telling me my order was canceled so I hope that is the case. We will see and thanks.

Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.