Need VSS help

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by n8chavez, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I have no idea why VSS is no longer working oin my Windows 7 x64 system. VSS is not working using Drive Snapshot or Active @ Disk Image.'

Drive Snapshot gives me this error:

Active @ Disk Image gives me this error:

sshot-1.jpg

VSS is started and is set to automatic. Also, I have also sun sfc /scannow and a repair install which did not seem to do anything.

Any ideas?

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I'm sorry to ask the obvious, no images to restore?
    Somebody else is having a similar problem: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=264304&page=2 (see from post # 29)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  4. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Check the event viewer > custom views > administrative events. Your looking for anything that says VSS.

I had this issue about 2 days ago. If you dont find anything with the sfc /scandsk, run a disk check. May have bad sectors. To do that go to start > computers > right click the drive your backing up and go to properties > tools > error checking > select both boxes and schedule it. Save all work and restart. Wait to see what that turns up.

Mine came up clean, but I used Seagate Seatools HD software on mine and ran the long generic and long DST and it failed both. I chalked it up to a failed HD.

5. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Here's something weird, I get no VSS errors with Drive Snapshot, ShadowProtect, or O&O Disk Image. Of course, this was after I re-registered VSS. I do however still get VSS_E errors when I use Active @. But that doesn't matter now; I'm switch back to DriveSnapshot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.