Need Vista 64bit Firewall.....

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by p0ps, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p0ps

p0ps Registered Member

I was curious if anyone can't point me in the direction of a firewall for Vista 64bit. Thank you in advance. :D

2. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Look n Stop (x64 version is beta).

4. Diver

Diver Registered Member

You might want to give the built in Vista firewall a try. Not because it is so great, but because there are so few other choices. It does work well with notebook computers that are moved in and out of trusted networks. Once set up, you could give it to your grandmother, because it just blocks all that is not allowed, silently. Its light and you don't have to pay extra for it.

I suspect that you have a desktop as 64 bit support on notebook computers is scarce to none. You do have a router, don't you?

My opinion of Jetico, based on version 1, what it was too complex and too active. Scott Finney (SFNL) appears to reach this conclusion with the 32 bit version 2.

Try the Comodo beta. It is a bit rough, though. Register for their forum and find out about it. At least its free.

5. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Outpost is 64 bit ready. I am running it on XP 64 without a problem. Have not played with it a lot though. Use it primarily for outgoing control as I am also behind a NAT router.

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Only the security suite is Vista compatible though.

7. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I am in the same boat as you needing a firewall for Vista 64x. I think I am going to give KIS a whirl and see how it goes. Their firewall is pretty good and there are usually some "free after rebate" offers floating around the net. Plus I heard that KIS runs very light on Vista. I figure I will do the KIS 30-day trial and go ahead and order their suite w/rebate.

http://www.freeafterrebate.info/deal/kaspersky-internet-security-70-by-kaspersky-lab

8. p0ps

p0ps Registered Member

Cool, thank you all for all of the info.

9. LowRider

LowRider Registered Member

10. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Guys,

When BigC (former moderator of Wilders) confirms that the buld in firewall with the free Vista FireWall Control program of SPhinx it is a lean and strong, I would give this a try first.

Inbound it is good, outbound it catches Boclean calling out, Avast web module, ect. It does not pass PCflank leak test though. So why not use this until Comodo has released its free Vista64 firewall?

Regards Kees

11. Diver

Diver Registered Member

I tried the free version of Sphinx here on 32 bit Vista. It does not do that much. Vista has 3 zones built in. When a new network is accessed, Vista asks you for the zone and the firewall follows suit.

12. p0ps

p0ps Registered Member

Nice, thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.