Need user friendly imaging and backup tool for Windows 7 and 8

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by tepe2, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

I have been away form Wilders for some years. I had a lot of security software on my old system. I also used imaging and backup tool.

For backup of data partition I used Karens Replicator. For imaging of OS partition (XP) I used Terabytes BootIt NG.

Im not sure what to use now. I want something reliable and userfriendly. Speed does not matter. Easy to use is more important. Imaging tool is important so I can pay for it. For normal backup software I prefer free.

I found BootIt NG reliable. Not very userfriendly. For disc mgmt and partition tool I think it was the opposite of userfriendly. I dont know how Terabytes products are today, but I see some info here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=305838

33 pages. Will read it as soon as I can.

2. guest

guest Guest

Re: Need userfriendly imaging and backup tool for Windows 7 and 8

Imaging --> Macrium Reflect or AX64 Time Machine.

3. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Macrium Reflect Free for imaging. Areca Backup (free) for data files backup.

4. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

USA - Back in a real State in time for a real Pres

EaseUS Todo Backup Free

5. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

tepe2 I still use Karen's Replicator on my XP machine for data backup. It's never failed me yet :)

6. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

Thank you guys

Image tool: I will have to read a lot to find out how they work. And what is the difference between Terabytes tools and other. I dont want anything that involve a cd or a dvd.

I know Terabytes tools are reliable. But does anyone know if Macrium Reflect or AX64 Time Machine is more userfriendly?

Backup tool: Thanks for your suggestions. I will have a look at them. I just need something simple and free. Not sure if I need compression. I will backup data partition to external drive and maybe usb stick.

7. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

8. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

AX64 is very user friendly,,,,,,it was designed to be a very easy to use and a very reliable program,,,,,,and it is. Also, the developer provides the best tech support I have yet to encounter. Give it a try, you will be pleased you did.

PS: there is a very active thread about AX64 on this forum. If you have any questions about the program that would be a good place to post them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.