need urgent help with acronis (strange behaviour)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tsal, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsal

tsal Registered Member

hi all,

i have the following problem:

when i use the boot-cd to restore my complete c: drive and then boot into it, everything looks fine.

but after i reboot for the first time in my new c:, i noticed in o&o defrag,

that my complete mft reserved space is gone.

so once again:

the very first boot into my new c: works fine, the mft reserved space is there.

after the next reboot it is gone, without me doing anything.

can someone explain to me if this

a.) a bug

b.) the missing mft is bad for my c:

c.) any explanation why this might happen and what to do about it

please help

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tsal,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please note that we have not heard about such problems before.

Please also note that missing MFT reserved space should not affect your system functionality and is usually corrected by Windows automatically.

Could you please do the following?

- Check each partition of your hard drive by Windows utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive;

Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

- Create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post and rename it to report_before.txt;

- Restore the image, boot into Windows for the first time, create Acronis Report once more and rename it to report_after1.txt;

- Start O&O Defrag and make a screen shot of it showing that the "mft reserved space" is intact;

- Reboot the computer (second boot into Windows), create Acronis Report once more and see rename it to report_after2.txt;

- Start O&O Defrag and make a screen shot of it showing that the "mft reserved space" is gone.

Please also provide us with the following information:

- What exact version and build number of Acronis True Image do you use?

- What operating system do you use?

- Where do you store your images?

- Describe the way you restored the image in detail.

Please submit a request for technical support. Provide all the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.