Need URGENT help to eliminate malware/spywares-Trojans

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by starfall78, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starfall78

starfall78 Registered Member

Dear All,

I desperately need to eliminate all these infections:

Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Agent.bwg
    Heuristic.Dialer.RAS
    Backdoor.Win32.Agent.ark
    Dialer

All these infect C drive and Trojan hit Windows. Their risk level are all HIGH. I've quarantined them using A-Squared Anti Malware. Can I get rid of them or quarantined them is sufficient? Cos I duwan it to repeat.

Thanks a lot.

2. richter

richter Registered Member

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Considering it is A-squared you are using, you should make sure they are not false positives first. What antivirus are you using? And have you done an updated scan with it yet? You may also want to do an online scan (kaspersky, eset, ewido) or download and run superantispyware. I am not sure whether files in quarantine will be detected by snother scanner or not though.

You may also want to locate the suspicious files and scan them individually at virustotal. Actually that may be the best thing to do considering you only have 4 suspicious files. But, then again, I am not sure whether you will need to un-quarantine them first. After you verify they are legit malware you can then try to delete them.

4. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Get them out of quarantine download SuperAntispyware and run a scan with that.

5. starfall78

starfall78 Registered Member

Thanks guys!

I've downloaded various spyware detectors, and all confirmed the trojan and fujack attacks. And I used a-squared to quarantine it. so far, no problem in using the PC.

But I wonder, should I delete them instead of keeping them quarantined? Moreover, my a-squared trial is expiring soon. :(
    What should I consider b4 deleting the bad guys? Cos I'm not sure what files are affected. Also, I dunno how important those files are. But they're all in Windows.

Thanks again.

6. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

If the computer runs fine with those files quarantined (you should test all the applications on it) then you're ok deleting them. Ditto if you are certain they are not FP's.
    The files in quarantine are not accessible by the OS, so deleting them won't make any difference. (I'd leave them there. There's no way they can get out.)
    Not sure- you should ask at the A2 forum- but I think that even if your trial ends soon, you should still be able to access the program, including the quarantine. Usually with a trial, it is the resident protection that ends with the trial.
    What other scanners have you used, following this infection? And have you used any of them since A2 quarantined the items? Sometimes there may be leftover traces, or one catches something the others might have missed.

7. StevieE9

StevieE9 Registered Member

I would recommend you go to MajorGeeks expert Malware Removal forum. The forum is highly controlled - for posting quality, no one but Malware experts are allowed to post - and you will get expert guidance.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35

But you will need to follow this guide before posting, in full and with all logs, because if you post without doing so, they'll just tell you "Do the 'Read & Run me' and come back" even if you *think* you've done some of it already:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

Just an important point: If you did *not* turn *off* Windows 'System Restore' when you did the anti-malware scans and quaranteening, you will most definitely be reinfected if you ever use a restore point dated before the scans.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  8. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

Your A Squared trial version will revert to the free version. You will still be able to scan & use the program but you will not have resident protection. As long as you have some sort of Antivirus you will still be protected. The files will stay in quarintine. If you have some sort of imaging program make a backup image & if you wish delete the files. There probably is no reason to delete them they are locked up in quarintine & should stay there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.