Need Update Mirror help

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bradtech, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bradtech

bradtech Guest

How can I setup NOD32 to update without using the HTTP protocol.. I am unsure on what the issue is.. I have had phone contact twice about the issue references by myself, and some others on here where we are getting download interrupted messages for our internal mirrors. However even when I point towards an outside update server out of 1,000 clients I still get this randomly.. It's not really as simple as getting one client to work, and thinkinkg wolah it works now! Because the issue can be resolved, but then it pops up again elsewhere randomly on 3.0.684, 4.0.422, 4.0.424, 4.0.314..

I do not have the issues on test 2.7 versions of the client pointing outward to esets servers. I have been assured that there is not any kind of application protocol filtering going on outbound or inbound.. Can I setup an alternative method of updating where clients update from a servers .nup files from an ESET Client configured as a mirror..

This has become an overhead nightmare that I do not want to be tasked with forever. I can push a new install to the Computer, and it will work but it's a never ending cycle. I've tried about everything..

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What about setting the path to the update server as \\server_name\mirror_share ? Does it make a difference? By updating via Windows shares you'd circumvent potential problems with the built-in http server.

3. bradtech

bradtech Guest

How can I configure a Client to Copy the .NUP files into the shared folder?

4. bradtech

bradtech Guest

Believe I have solved the issue with HTTP.. Changed the default setting use Global Proxy to Do not Use Proxy for both my clients, and my ERA Server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.