Need to uninstall first for minor upgrade (2.70.16 to 2.70.23)?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by jaygo, Dec 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaygo

jaygo Registered Member

I have NOD32 Ver 2.70.16 base/std. version running under XP Home SP2, and have spent considerable time configuring it.

Now that Ver. 2.70.23 is out, (1) do I have to uninstall the existing version prior to installing the new version or can I install the new version "over" the old version, (2) assuming I can install "over," will I lose my existing configurations?

Perhaps the forum moderator would consider adding the gist of my question to the relatively new FAQ page. TIA. Nella

2. racketeer66

racketeer66 Registered Member

Just had the very same question in the previous thread:) Haven't got an answer as of yet.
    Merry Xmas!

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I need the answer to that as well. Also, what exactly was the upgrade? Is it really necessary to install it now?

4. jaygo

jaygo Registered Member

racketeer66,

I'm embarrassed that I didn't notice your post, before I sent mine in. Guess I had too much rum egg nog lately<g>.

Will be interesting to see what the experts say, probably tomorrow. Happy holidays. Nella

5. Hazeleyze

Hazeleyze Guest

I just installed over the top and didn't lose any settings. It just prompted me that the updates I had were newer than what I was installing and that I should run an update immediately after a reboot.

Everything is A-OK.

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Any version upgrades that are required are in fact pushed. There is no need to download a minor update like this unless you are having an issue and the issue has addressed in the particular update.

Cheers :D

Last edited: Dec 27, 2006
  7. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Automatic download January 10 as far as I know.

8. racketeer66

racketeer66 Registered Member

No harm done, Dear Nella:)
    In fact, I know about the stuff Blackspears (HI, Master, Ho U doin:)), wrote, still I like 2 have the recent version installed. Personal paranoia.:)
    And despite all there is no easy way to save Your settings exist. It does NOT preserve previous fine-tuning, does not even let me install upon existing predecessor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.