Need To Delete Old Scheduled Tasks

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chrismgan, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrismgan

chrismgan Registered Member

I installed True Image 11 on top of an older version of Acronis and now have three different backups running at different times. The other two old tasks only show up in the log, not anywhere else. Does anyone know how I can get rid of the two older tasks ?

Thanks,

Chris

2. sparkymachine

sparkymachine Registered Member

I'm not sure I understand - these tasks are not listed as tasks? Are you saying they are still running as they were under the previous version and are showing up in the current logs as having executed? Were they scheduled tasks?
    What was the previous version you intalled over? and are you using build 8053 now.

There can be issues if you install a new version or build without uninstalling the old one, especially if in the old one you had tasks an backup locations set up, which is usually the case.

You may have to uninstall TI and start again with the new version. If that doesn't rid you of these tasks then we can help further.

3. chrismgan

chrismgan Registered Member

I'm going to uninstall and reinstall. I didn't uninstall my previous version of TI because the directions for 11 clearly stated that there was no need to remove the old version.

Thanks, I'll post what happens.

Chris

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If the tasks are listed under Task Management, then just highlight one of them and then smove the mouse pointer to the delete icon and click. Repeat for each task you want to delete.

If that's not the case, then you can go to the scripts driectory where task files are stored and delete the script files:

for ATI 10, task files were default stored in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts
    and eac file has a tis extention.

For ATI 11 tasks are stored under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts

almost the same directory but not quite.

5. sparkymachine

sparkymachine Registered Member

Are there registry entries for the tasks?, I know there are for locations. I've looked but can't see any.

6. adebruyn

adebruyn Registered Member

I have the same issue as chrismgan has reported.

I am using the email and windows popup notifications. I have refund my tasks recently. All automated tasks have been deleted and i was using the notifications (which had been working good).

Now with my new manual tasks configuration, i always receive thoses notifications. In the logs, i can see that acronis true image enterprise server 9.1 build 3694 (french) try to access a script that is no longer exist. I cannot also find it in the register database and on the filesystem as shieber mentionned.

Thanks for your help,

7. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Actually Acronis'have a scheduler program that runs in a DOS box, which will hunt down all your orphan Acronis tasks and will let you delete them.

The other option is of course just to go into the script folder and manually delete them. However, TI sometimes sulks when you do that.

see Scheduler

Colin

8. AGROANIS

AGROANIS Registered Member

I am a new user of Acronis True Image 11 Home. I need to delete a Scheduled Task.

I have no Delete icon, as far as I can tell. I'm on the Scheduled Tasks window, I've got a task highlighted, but I can't see any Delete icon, or any Delete option in any of the menus, and right-click doesn't seem to be functional.

This seems to indicate some examples of the program don't have a Delete icon -- o_O

Can someone tell me how to delete a Scheduled Task?

Thanks, aGROANis

9. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Well you can try using the link I provided in my post. It works, I managed to delete two tasks I actually wanted. Perhaps we now need a task retriever program :)

10. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Version 10, Build 4942
    ---------------------------
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  11. shieber

shieber Registered Member

In ATI 11 I think the Icons are arrayed vertically on the left. The X still means delete.

12. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

I don't know if this will help but this is what I see in TI-11.
    TI11_Sched Task.jpg

13. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

GroverH, your image looks as though you're running one of the corporate versions.

Colin

14. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Bodgy,
    Sorry for the confusion. The image is from TI Home, Vers 10, Build 4942. I had not see how V11 looked until the posting by Bruce above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.