need to configure ESET NOD32 for the 1st time

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by klobes01, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klobes01

klobes01 Registered Member

Are there any standard configurations I should worry about. This is my first time with NOD32 V3. I seem to be having issues with Windows 7 not recognizing my USB connection from my HP printer, an annoying message "Do you want to prevent this program from making changes to your computer" message comes on whenever I open the printer and the printer fails after I re-install it. I'm not sure yet if it's a Windows 7 or Printer issue, but was working fine before I installed NOD32. Also from time to time I can't access any web sites except what I list as my exceptions in the "advanced settings" portion of NOD32. How do I say "allow for every site except those whereby a dangerous virus or malware is trying to make changes to my PC. I realize this is a jumble, but there has to be a standard configuration which works and doesn't give me an "USB device unrecognized" when I unplug and replug the printer cable. I'm an extreme novice on this. Sorry

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

what happens if you click allow the prog to make changes does the prompt come back?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The message "Do you want to prevent this program from making changes to your computer" certainly doesn't come from ESET.
    Basically ESET NOD32 Antivirus should work out of the box without the need to adjust settings. Does the issue actually go away right after uninstalling EAV?

4. acooldozen

acooldozen Registered Member

This is Windows 7 User Account Control..................Click yes, let it make changes on install. Control Panel/Users/Change user account control settings

5. piranha

piranha Registered Member

it is better to install and use the latest version, v4.2

:p

6. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

You would need to better familiarise yourself with Windows 7 User Account Control Settings once done, there should be no issues on allow, deny. etc.

Best of luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.