Need .tib file Signature and Header Information

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ViROID, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViROID

ViROID Registered Member

We just had a 300GB Maxtor NAS fail, unfortunately it has the backup of a clients PC before we formatted the harddrive and re-installed the OS. As fate would have it, now they need a file that was left on the PC. We are using Ontrack's Easy Recovery Professional, the MFT on the drive is completely shot and I'm unable to recovery anything trying to use the MFT but using RAW recovery I can see alot of the data on the drive. However it only recovers files that is has signature and header information for, Acronis TI files are not one of the preset file types. The program is asking for a 8bit file signature and header information less than 512bytes but I don't really know what I'm looking for when opening a .tib file in a hexeditor, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Christopher Thomas

2. ViROID

ViROID Registered Member

This is the second post I've made to these forums in the past month and no one replies to them. Someone here has to be able to answer the above question?!

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Seeing as how most of the respondents here are doing it out of the kindness of their heart, it might be that only Acronis have the answer.

I do appreciate your frustration, but taking it out on people who do this in their spare time is very unlikely to get you help.

Also as you can see lots of posts get posted here, so the title of your post has to be attention getting or you need to be a regular poster that people might think 'I'll see what (s)he is wobbling on about'.

I'll look through my disk editor later tonight, but can't promise I'll have an answer.

Colin

4. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi ViROID,

the internal tib format is not in the public domain, and neither is the compression algorithm used during the backup. If you have compressed your tib you have an extra obstacle to go through. I would not even run a hex editor up until the file has been decompressed. If Acronis don't use one of the standard algorithms this obviously makes matters even harder.

I suggest you try a different recovery tool. Just about all the trial versions include the ability to scan - so you will find out whether a tool can see the tib file for free. For example, this one is cheap and has saved my bacon twice :
    http://www.data-recovery-software.net/

F.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.