Need Suggestions?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Gigabyte, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gigabyte

Gigabyte Registered Member

Right now I'm running> Panda antivirus,Spysweeper, and Spywareblaster. I would like to add a trojan program.and have been looking at Boclean. Would I be in pretty good shape if I added it to my aresenal? I believe it's better to have something and not need it than need it and not have it!:D Thanks

2. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

BoClean would be a good addition to your security set up since it has an excellent memory scanner. What firewall are you using? I ask this because tightening up a firewall is one of the best to increase security without decreasing performance.

Alphalutra1

3. Gigabyte

Panda has one built into the Internet Security.

4. Gigabyte

I see paypal isn't listed as a payment option.:mad:

5. Gigabyte

o_O I do see regsoft has paypal,but could I re download if a problem occured?

6. Gigabyte

Well,I purchased a download and I get invalid username password.:doubt: Have to wait and get a response.

7. Gigabyte

Just installed it and the resource usage is minimal.:D Well see how it goes.

8. Alphalutra1

I know, but if you tighten up the firewall rules, then your security can increase without adding any extra applications and losing memory, as I described earlier in my other post if you had read more carefully

Good to see that boclean is working out well.

Alphalutra1

9. Gigabyte

I can say that I am very pleased with Boclean. Resource usage is minimal and I hardly know it's there unless I look at the icon.:D I have a question though,If i ever get a warning about something,how will I be notififed?

10. Nancy_McAleavey

Nancy_McAleavey Expert Member

if you wan tto see what happens when BOClean detects malware, go to http://www.grc.com and grab a copy of LeakTest. It is a harmless malware simulator. When you go to run the file (BOClean is a real-time detection system) you'll see what happens.

11. Gigabyte

Ok. Now i have some questions. When I first run it, It gets blocked. If I run it again it does not block it? I use panda internet security and I get this when I try to remove the file...Dangerous operation blocked, c:\programs\nsclean\boclean\boc421.exe?

12. Gigabyte

Pandas true prevent is the culprit. If i turn it off, the file is deleted. Turn it on and I get the pop up.

13. xvietnow2x

xvietnow2x Registered Member

Why are you running all those other spyware programs along w/ Panda? Panda Titanium AND Platinum both have anti-spyware functions PLUS firewalls. You dont' need any other programs... maybe have Ad-Aware Pro and run that about once a week because it does Windows Registry very thorough.

14. woobook

woobook Registered Member

Today I download a copy of LeakTest and run it, I got a result said "Firewall Penetrate".
    I use Panda Titanium 2006 and BOClean, Why?

15. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

do u have a firewall? because LeakTest is well...a leak test for firewalls. just deny it internet access and u will pass.

16. Alphalutra1

Boclean should have caught the leak test and flagged it as malware, so it is odd that you were able to run it. Also, I guess Panda internet security doesn't have outbound protection since it failed this incredibly simple leak test. You may want to upgrade the firewall ;)

Alphalutra1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.