Need Suggestions?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Gigabyte, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gigabyte

Gigabyte Registered Member

Right now I'm running> Panda antivirus,Spysweeper, and Spywareblaster. I would like to add a trojan program.and have been looking at Boclean. Would I be in pretty good shape if I added it to my aresenal? I believe it's better to have something and not need it than need it and not have it!:D Thanks

2. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

BoClean would be a good addition to your security set up since it has an excellent memory scanner. What firewall are you using? I ask this because tightening up a firewall is one of the best to increase security without decreasing performance.

Alphalutra1

3. Gigabyte

Panda has one built into the Internet Security.

4. Gigabyte

I see paypal isn't listed as a payment option.:mad:

5. Gigabyte

o_O I do see regsoft has paypal,but could I re download if a problem occured?

6. Gigabyte

Well,I purchased a download and I get invalid username password.:doubt: Have to wait and get a response.

7. Gigabyte

Just installed it and the resource usage is minimal.:D Well see how it goes.

8. Alphalutra1

I know, but if you tighten up the firewall rules, then your security can increase without adding any extra applications and losing memory, as I described earlier in my other post if you had read more carefully

Good to see that boclean is working out well.

Alphalutra1

9. Gigabyte

I can say that I am very pleased with Boclean. Resource usage is minimal and I hardly know it's there unless I look at the icon.:D I have a question though,If i ever get a warning about something,how will I be notififed?

10. Nancy_McAleavey

Nancy_McAleavey Expert Member

if you wan tto see what happens when BOClean detects malware, go to http://www.grc.com and grab a copy of LeakTest. It is a harmless malware simulator. When you go to run the file (BOClean is a real-time detection system) you'll see what happens.

11. Gigabyte

Ok. Now i have some questions. When I first run it, It gets blocked. If I run it again it does not block it? I use panda internet security and I get this when I try to remove the file...Dangerous operation blocked, c:\programs\nsclean\boclean\boc421.exe?

12. Gigabyte

Pandas true prevent is the culprit. If i turn it off, the file is deleted. Turn it on and I get the pop up.

13. xvietnow2x

xvietnow2x Registered Member

Why are you running all those other spyware programs along w/ Panda? Panda Titanium AND Platinum both have anti-spyware functions PLUS firewalls. You dont' need any other programs... maybe have Ad-Aware Pro and run that about once a week because it does Windows Registry very thorough.

14. woobook

woobook Registered Member

Today I download a copy of LeakTest and run it, I got a result said "Firewall Penetrate".
    I use Panda Titanium 2006 and BOClean, Why?

15. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

do u have a firewall? because LeakTest is well...a leak test for firewalls. just deny it internet access and u will pass.

16. Alphalutra1

Boclean should have caught the leak test and flagged it as malware, so it is odd that you were able to run it. Also, I guess Panda internet security doesn't have outbound protection since it failed this incredibly simple leak test. You may want to upgrade the firewall ;)

Alphalutra1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.