Need some help.

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by MisterWaffles, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm sure you guys are tired of this so I'll make it quick.

A while back I had a few malicious processes working together and protecting each other. I had no idea how to get rid of these damn spyware processes so I downloaded the free version of ProcessGuard. I used processguard to get rid of them all at once. Anyway, a few days after I had the urge to play Battlefield 1942 after a long break from it, but I found I could only enter servers that didn't have Punkbuster enabled. So, I tried updating PB to see if I could solve the prob. No dice. I find out that PG can cause some problems with it so I uninstalled it. Still didn't work. Deleted PG's folders. Nope. I went into the registry and deleted all of ProcessGuard's keys. Still didn't work.

I scanned for any spyware on my PC, and got rid of it all, but the problem still isn't solved.

So did I miss a key or two? Or what? It's really frustrating not to be able to play the games I want because I wanted to take care of a problem on my computer. Anyway, any assistance would be much appreciated. I'd like to play the games that I paid for now...

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi, You may still have files or remnants of files that punkbuster can still see and does not like.
    Try the following: In windows explorer go to tools, folder options, view and enable Show hidden files folders and click OK. Now with windows explorer still open navigate to your main windows folder, usually C:\Windows, open the Search menu and select All files and folders, then, one at a time, enter the following in the search box. "procguard.*" "pguard.*" & "pghash.*" (without the quotes) Do a search on each and delete any instances of those files that are found.

HTH Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.