Need Some Help & Advice please.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AnthonyG, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Last october i bought 700 Arita Ritek DVD+R Disks from Rambox.co.uk (7 x 100 spindles). They were having an end of like clearence sale so i snapped them up to last me a long time. I used 300 of them with seemingly no problems, but then in febuary I opened one spindle and all the disks i was using seemed to be faulty. I opened another and the same. I have tried them on 4 different models of burners, Sony, 2 NEC Drives (1300a and 3540) and an HP drive all with the same problms. So I have spent the last 6 weeks trying to contact Rambox as all my emails were being ignored and they never answered their phones. Tuesday i got through and they said they were end of line stock sold with no guarentee. I have contacted Ritek and they said to contact their European site who i did but have also ignored me.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do as i have 350 DVD+R disks i cant use. And feel if they are fualty shouldnt b stuck with

Thanks

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Go back to Ritek and advise them that you have attempted to contact their european distributor and have been ignored, before taking any further action you thought you would contact them again to see if they can rectify the problem with their faulty goods.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

3. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Anthony1uk,

The vendor (Rambox.co.uk in this case) is the party with whom you have a legal contract so there is little point in contacting their distributors or the manufacturer - they have no legal obligation to help you. If you have had no response to emails, then send a letter (via recorded delivery so you have proof of postage) explaining the problem and asking them to resolve it (keep a copy of all letters/emails sent for later reference).

If you paid with a credit card and the purchase was between £100 and £10,000, then under the UK Consumer Credit Act 1975 the credit card issuer is jointly liable with the vendor so you can always contact them for a refund instead - this should be done if you get no satisfaction from the vendor themselves.

You can also contact Trading Standards and make a complaint online should the vendor refuse to refund.

4. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Thank you for that but like i said they were saying they were sold with no guarentee, so will what you suggest still be applicable?

Thanks

5. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Goods still have to be fit for their purpose under The Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002. See the DTI Fact Sheet: Sale of Goods Act for more information. Unless you were told that they were faulty, the presence (or absence) of guarantee makes no difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.