Need some advice

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by curious george, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curious george

curious george Registered Member

I'm currently messing around with ThreatFire free and was wondering whether i should keep Outpost...

Current Setup:
    Threatfire
    Sandboxie
    MBAM
    Keyscrambler

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

are u using MBAM ondemand or realtime and do u use sandboxie for certain occassions or for most ur apps automatically?

3. curious george

curious george Registered Member

MBAM is on demand, and sandboxie is for all web browsering

4. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

I think your setup sounds great. I personally don't want the hassle of software like SandboxIE, even if I know it's great for security. I would possibly only use it when testing malware, and that's definitely not often.

Only one thing that I might add to the setup of yours would be a light and effective AV. Avira AntiVir and Norton comes to mind - but those are only my two cents of an AV.

5. firzen771

in that case i suggest add outpost and ull be fine since outpost has a HIPS to catch w/e MIGHT get through sandboxie if at all and same with TF, u shuld be good

6. Someone

Someone Registered Member

+1. I don't think Outpost is necessary, and anyway there might be some overlap with ThreatFire.

7. firzen771

no there wuldnt be overlap since Outpost is not a BB in any way, its a HIPS. and if ur a somewhat knowledgeable user than Outpost's HIPS and TF covering ur back for whatever MIGHT get through sandboxie or come form other sources, other than ur browser shuld be caught by at least one of the 2.

personally i like having an AV, just makes me feel better, but tbh with outpost and TF, its the AV that is unecessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.