Need Server List

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Rainwalker, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Is there a list available of the eset update servers ? If so would someone please point me that way.

TIA

2. Rainwalker

I dislike not being able to choose what site to receive the updates from, so if someone would please post some eset update addresses i would be grateful..............or tell me where i can download 2.7.

TIA

3. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

the program itself has a list within the update settings. This list changes from time to time in updates, and selecting anything other than <Choose Automatically> is a bad idea for several reasons:

1. temporary outages are worked around nod32 moving to the next server in the list
    2. the round-robin approach adopted by nod32 spreads the load and means that everyone gets a better chance of getting their updates

Selecting a single server for some abritrary reason is silly. Leave it as <Choose Automatically> if you do not have a business license and have your own mirror to use for updates.

5. Rainwalker

I have no such lists/options in my version....only 'Choose Automatically'......thus my request for a link to 2.7.........which, as with all previous versions, contained said list.

6. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

My i ask, why? And what difference it makes?

7. Rainwalker

Would someone tell me if Version 3 is showing the various update servers, as previous versions have done, in addition to 'Choose Automatically'...thank you

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello Rainwalker,

The list should be showing and in some past threads concerning lack of list showing, users were asked to check their firewall settings. Also if a proxy or proxy software(Proxomitron) is being used it might need to be adjusted.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1112102#post1112102
    Bubba

9. Rainwalker

Thanks Bubba...........nothing helpful there...i have no proxy( as far as i know) and firewall is allowing in/out......any other thoughts ?

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

The list of servers is in post three. They don't show in ESS. I suppose if you wanted, you could add all the servers in the list or one at a time to EAV 3.0.

As the program automatically checks the servers, unless you specify just one, I see no advantage for updating and you may not be able to update from one particular server at any given time.

11. Rainwalker

Thanks Ron....i should have looked at post 3 earlier..i manually put in five of those sites yet none would connect...only 'Choose Automatically'..........i really would like to get to the bottom of this.....reinstalled program..did not help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.