Need Recovery boot disc for Paragon Free v10

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Viet_Vet, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viet_Vet

Viet_Vet Registered Member

Posting from a borrowed Laptop, will reply when I can.
    I don`t screw up often; but when I do I do it right.
    found a link to (»www.bit-tech.net/blog/2010/01/08···od-mode/). I did not see the warning for 64 bit versions.
    On the next reboot the PC goes into a "windows explorer failure loop.

I have no other user account on the PC. I tried the fixes from google. Boot to safe mode remove the directory with dos, rename the directory all to no avail. I spent about 6 hours on this trying any fix I could find.
    The closest thing that worked was the was renaming the file, this produced a few minute were the PC looked like it would boot then reverted back to the Windows Explorer loop. I tried the last known good configuration too. I am thinking that the directory is corrupted or I misspelled something. I have tried it from Dos C:\, windows\system32, Windows, and various suggestions on the net, without joy.

I do have a copy of the Free version of Paragon 10 installed on the PC. I have a a BU stored on a USB HD and a there recovery tool on a USB stick. I just cant figure out out how to do it. Can anyone explain the steps to me. All the instructions i have are on the Non bootable PC. I was on the Paragon website and I guessed I missed the Info

Additional info
    My PC does not support usb boot.

It will not boot from the files on the Stick, or from a CD made from the files on the Stick.
    Does anybody know how I can get a ISO / Boot disc for the Free version of Paragon 10. If it`s on there website I am not seeing it.
    I really do not want to loose the stuff on this PC by restoring it to Factory settings.

I love shooting my self it the foot
    VV

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Why not d/l another copy of B&R10 Free on the working pc - install it on there and run off the boot cd.

I hope that helps with your issue - I have no idea what the issue is ( what warning for 64 bit versions?) - the link you provided opens to page not found.

3. Viet_Vet

That is not an option, do not have access to a 2nd PC at this time.
    The link was to a tech article about to to install "god mode" for more user control, there was a warning about not installing it on 64 bit boxes, that I missed.
    If you google "god mode" there is info on it.

Thanks for the reply
    VV

4. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

It seems to me that your only option will be to get someone you know to create the boot cd ISO and upload it to a file sharing service if you're unable to install the software on the PC you're using now.Assuming you have access to a burner of course.

5. Viet_Vet

That`s what it boils down too, I have one coming in the mail.
    Will post back, with results.

6. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Good luck with that.:thumb:

7. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Ah.

It ususally works works if you remove the directory from Safe Mode with command prompt - if you specify the path.

Open command prompt, type:

RmDir "C:\Users\Yourusername\Desktop\GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}"

Then press enter. You won't get a message from the command window.

Restart and hopefully all is well.

8. Viet_Vet

No joy It did not work the 1st time I tried it or now too!!

My dos skills are pretty good and I played with this for a while. I am thinking besides being an ass for play on my only PC, is that the directory went in corrupted and that is why I can not remove it. Other than that it`s in God`s Hands (excuse the pun). This is a very humbling experience:oops:

9. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hopefully your boot cd will arrive soon and you can restore the backup image.

Keep us posted how it goes.

10. Viet_Vet

11. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

I am happy you got everything sorted out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.