Need Opera mobile labs .apk

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by aigle, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Anyone knows a safe download link for it?

Thanks

2. Banzi

Banzi Registered Member

If it Opera Mobile browser you are looking for you can get it from the Opera site here

Under the big blue download button there is a link that says "Don't have Google Play? Download the app here."

That links to Opera_19_Generic_Opera_ARMv7_LZMA.apk, if it the beta next version you looking for I think you can only get that from Play Store.

3. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks guys. It's an older experimental version of opera that supports extensions.

@J_L

Yes i do need that one but my opera seems down.

6. Banzi

Banzi Registered Member

The link J_L provided is working here in the UK :)

EDIT Removed link.

Post back when you have got it so I can remove it :)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks. Unfortunately opera.com is blocked by my ISP.

I m getting an error 403 on ur dropbox. Did you put it in shared folder?

8. Banzi

Banzi Registered Member

Hmm strange I'm able to download it.

Glad you were able to get it ok aigle :)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  9. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

Yeah 12 was the last android extension version, the new ones are pretty lousy, without extension support - shame on Opera.

Thanks for the Mega link, it reminded me of Baboom.. Kim Dotcom is hilarious, love that guy!

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks. got it.

11. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

Do you know where to get any extensions for this?

12. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Same place as desktop Opera, although only extensions for version 12 are supported and the store will show only those: https://addons.opera.com/en/

13. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Yes, I tried few but I guess mobile browser extensions need to be implemented in some much better way.

14. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Isn't the latest version using Chromium as a base? It might take a while to get extension support, Chrome mobile doesn't have it.

15. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

Basically, load up version 12 of the desktop Opera (before Chromium engine). Go to the Extension Store from within that browser, go to an extension, then where it says 'install it' right click, then save as asset (OEX file). Then copy the OEX file to the download directory of the Android device, and from there install it into the v12 of Opera Mobile.. Works perfectly.

Right now mobile browsers generally all seem to suck. The only one I found I like is Lightening Browser. VERY speedy, however no extensions.. But you can install Adblock as a 'process' on the device, and filter all port 2020 activity. That will grab ads in the browser, and most apps.

Lightening is at least twice as fast as Opera12 when I tested them;
    https://github.com/anthonycr/Lightning-Browser

But if you require a lot of unique extensions, then v12 with desktop grabbed OEX files seems to be the ticket. But don't expect the most speedy, bug free browser if you do it that way. I am unsure why mobile browsers all seem to not be that impressive.. If the Admuncher guy was smart, he'd release Admuncher v5 that also supported AndroidOS. He'd make a fortune off it, and I know I would buy multiple licenses - just fork over to that along with the desktop v5..

16. J_L

J_L Registered Member

There's no need for those overly complicated steps, just install directly from the Extension Store with the app itself. Updating is not supported (not that it's necessary anymore), you have to manually uninstall and re-install.

17. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

The extension store is disabled on the app now on every device I have tried,. and one of the reasons Opera ditched mobile extensions was because of bugs and incompatibilities. So loading them manually - which was not complicated, and took less than 3 minutes - was the only option. However Opera12 Mobile is rubbish in my opinion. It's slow, doesn't display many pages right, isn't compatible with many others (Presto?), and half of the time videos do not load. So why bother with it?

Best options today seem to be Firefox Mobile w/extensions (which include adblock, ghostery, and many others), or Lightening Browser with device-wide Adblock. Firefox is a little slower, but has more extensions available. Lightening displays pages better, is faster, but has less extensions. Pick your poison I guess.

18. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Huh, I remember using it without such issues not too long ago. I bothered with it due to Ghostery, LastPass, WOT, etc. before, but found that they're mostly unnecessary in the end.

Personally, I reverted back to the default Android browser, because Firefox and Chrome doesn't support my LastPass bookmarklet (amongst others) properly. It syncs nicely with my desktop Chrome bookmarks as well. Ad-Blocking is handled by FoolDNS, as with all of my mobile devices.

19. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

FoolDNS? The slowest DNS in the world, that causes page loads to utterly stop? How do you manage with that DNS? Maybe I am missing something, but everytime I have tried it - it made my devices grind to a halt.

20. J_L

J_L Registered Member

YMMV. I never noticed any slowdowns. You could try BA.net instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.