need help ?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by roland deschain, May 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roland deschain

roland deschain Registered Member

does anyone know what WORM_SOBER.S virus is and how serious it is . i got a email from hostmaster@yahoo.com saying my email was blocked with a attachment saying, mail_info.zip and the email was saying ..........................This is an automatically generated E-Mail Delivery Status Notification.Mail-Header, Mail-Body and Error Description are attached
    when i first got it i opened the attachment and the hotmail virus scanner caught the virus but i dont know if i got the virus or not . the person it was sent to in the address at the top of the email wasnt even my email address. just thought i would warn ppl if anyone else gets this in there email and hopefuly i will get some info back, thankyou

2. Hard Rocker

Hard Rocker Registered Member

o_O Hi, Did you run a scan with an antivirus program .......... eg. Norton, after opening the email ? Thanks for the tip !! :D

3. Hard Rocker

Hard Rocker Registered Member

:D You could also go to sarc.com ......... Symantec's Security Response Site and run a search on Sober. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.