need help ?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by roland deschain, May 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roland deschain

roland deschain Registered Member

does anyone know what WORM_SOBER.S virus is and how serious it is . i got a email from hostmaster@yahoo.com saying my email was blocked with a attachment saying, mail_info.zip and the email was saying ..........................This is an automatically generated E-Mail Delivery Status Notification.Mail-Header, Mail-Body and Error Description are attached
    when i first got it i opened the attachment and the hotmail virus scanner caught the virus but i dont know if i got the virus or not . the person it was sent to in the address at the top of the email wasnt even my email address. just thought i would warn ppl if anyone else gets this in there email and hopefuly i will get some info back, thankyou

2. Hard Rocker

Hard Rocker Registered Member

o_O Hi, Did you run a scan with an antivirus program .......... eg. Norton, after opening the email ? Thanks for the tip !! :D

3. Hard Rocker

Hard Rocker Registered Member

:D You could also go to sarc.com ......... Symantec's Security Response Site and run a search on Sober. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.