Need Help

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by firzen771, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

this isnt really the place to ask this, but im not sure where else to do it.

anyways, my problem is whenever i seem to run a video player other than windows media player or any games on my computer, my system locks up, im not sure what could be doing this but i really need help to find out why its happening.

i have recently reformatted and ive done scans with antivir, SAS and MBAM which have found nothing, but maybe something is messed in the registry or something, im not really experienced with these kinds of things so i dont know what to do. and to be more exact, ive tried running both VLC player and GOM player, VLC freezes my system right away and wont even open, GOM opens but when i try to play a video it will freeze my system and just trying to open any of the games seems to make my system lock up.

everything else on my computer seems to be running perfectly fine though.

2. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Are you using a Nvidia card ?? Update the drivers, this is a known NVidia issue

Incase, you are not running Nvidia. Just check if all your drivers are up-to-date.
    You may want to see your manufacturer's support side or use a tool like RadarSync.

3. firzen771

i have an ATI 2600 XT and the drivers are the latest ones, 8.11

4. firzen771

ive found another problem, whenever i go to the screensavers tab of properties, my comp freezes as well, on all these events my mouse is active, but everything else is frozen, any ideas, i really need help with this. i havent been able to figure out whats doing all these things.

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I take it this is something new... can you backtrack and come up with any recent changes to the system or apps and perhaps see some connection?

6. firzen771

im not sure, only thing i had installed when this all started was avira antivir premium... and ive never experienced this sort of problem before. i dont know how antivir would cause this though.

*EDIT*

online videos that use WMP display as strange colors. youtube and other flash videos display normal though.

7. firzen771

hmm could this be a display drivers issue, im gunna see what happens when they release the ATI 8.12 drivers and ill try those out, HOPEFULLY that will solve this very annoying problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.