Need help with virus

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by DoeZ0763, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoeZ0763

DoeZ0763 Registered Member

Hi guys...it never ends does it...I thought I had everything cleaned and then I ran Kaspersky and it found 2 viruses...it deleted them...I ran Panda and this is what it found...I don't know how to get rid of this one...I need your help...This is what it said....Virus: Eicar.Mod C:\Kav\data1.cab[eicar.html] Waiting for you :'(

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It looks to me as panda has detected some remnants of the eicar test virus in the kav data files.

Do you have both av's on your comp. or did you do a panda online scan

3. DoeZ0763

I have Kaspersky on my computer...I run the free scan from Panda just to double check every now and then...

4. bigc73542

You can see if you can delete the log from kav or go to this file in kav( C:\Kav\data1.cab[eicar.html] )and try to delete it but being eicar it is most likely left over code from the test virus and panda is just picking it up. It should be harmless. You can try the trend micro online scan and see if it picks it up. You can find trends online scan [house call] in my signature-Online scans and other info or here

5. DoeZ0763

I'm running house calls now...I think I deleted that from my search engine...

6. bigc73542

Let me know what housecall finds ;)

7. Arin

Arin Registered Member

dear DoeZ0763, its a false alarm. data1.cab contains the eicar.html which is used by KAV to test its script checker. its harmless and contains the eicar string in its script tag. so you can ignore it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.