Need help with setting up a web server.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Close_Hauled, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Before I start, here is what I am using:

Windows 2000 Pro SP4
    FrontPage 2002 SP3
    FrontPage Server Extensions 2002
    Internet Explorer 6
    Firefox 1.0.4

And although I have a lot of experience with networking, I have almost none with setting up web sites.

For the few months I have been working on an internal web site for our workgroup. I pulled an old Proliant 1600 out of mothballs and loaded Windows 2000 Workstation, Internet Information Services, and FrontPage Server Extensions 2002. Nothing else is running on this system and the event logs are clean.

I used FrontPage to publish the web site to the server. The web site publishes fine. But when I try to access the web site, the top, left, and bottom borders are replaced with the main body of the web page. The top border is supposed to have the standard banner, the left border should have navigation buttons, and the bottom should have the standard copyright notice.

The images in the borders are broken too. The images are in:

http://MyWebSite/images/Vision.gif

But the borders are looking for them in:

http://MyWebSite/_borders/images/Vision.gif

That is everything that I have for now. I am working on the system looking for more clues. If there is any advice that you can give, that would be great.

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

FYI: I fixed this by un-installing IIS and re-installing it. I then re-installed the 2002 extensions. I still do not know why it was broken to begin with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.