Need help with partitions

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by muskie, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muskie

muskie Registered Member

I have an old Windows XP computer with one physical hard drive, partitioned as C and D. The C partition is almost full, so I keep getting error messages saying that I'm very low on space. There's plenty of room on the D partition, so I downloaded Paragon Partition Mgr 2010 to redistribute things.
    When I open the program the only options I see under Partitioning are Create or Delete. If I open the Full Scale Launcher, then go to the Wizard for Express Resize Partition, I get a message that says the wizard cannot continue, the wizard did not find partitions that can be redistributed. As I said, both partitions are on the same physical hard drive, so why am I getting this message?

2. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

You need to manually perform this operation instead of using the wizard.

First, you will need to shrink your D partition from the left, you can right click on the D partition and select "Move/Resize", this will bring up a window that will allow you to shrink that partition, drag the left border of the partition to the right so that it leaves unallocated space next to your C drive.

Then you can right click the C drive, again select "Move/Resize" and drag the right border of the drive all the way to the right to expand it to encompass the unallocated space created when you shrunk the D drive.

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Are they both Primary partitions?

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

5. wink42

wink42 Registered Member

I'm trying to look at the guide mention is an April posting.
    "http://ftp.paragon.eu.com/support/PM...e_Tutorial.pdf"
    I get a link not found error.
    Ideas?
    Bill

6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

7. wink42

wink42 Registered Member

Thank you very much,:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.