Need help with partitions

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by muskie, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muskie

muskie Registered Member

I have an old Windows XP computer with one physical hard drive, partitioned as C and D. The C partition is almost full, so I keep getting error messages saying that I'm very low on space. There's plenty of room on the D partition, so I downloaded Paragon Partition Mgr 2010 to redistribute things.
    When I open the program the only options I see under Partitioning are Create or Delete. If I open the Full Scale Launcher, then go to the Wizard for Express Resize Partition, I get a message that says the wizard cannot continue, the wizard did not find partitions that can be redistributed. As I said, both partitions are on the same physical hard drive, so why am I getting this message?

2. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

You need to manually perform this operation instead of using the wizard.

First, you will need to shrink your D partition from the left, you can right click on the D partition and select "Move/Resize", this will bring up a window that will allow you to shrink that partition, drag the left border of the partition to the right so that it leaves unallocated space next to your C drive.

Then you can right click the C drive, again select "Move/Resize" and drag the right border of the drive all the way to the right to expand it to encompass the unallocated space created when you shrunk the D drive.

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Are they both Primary partitions?

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

5. wink42

wink42 Registered Member

I'm trying to look at the guide mention is an April posting.
    "http://ftp.paragon.eu.com/support/PM...e_Tutorial.pdf"
    I get a link not found error.
    Ideas?
    Bill

6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

7. wink42

wink42 Registered Member

Thank you very much,:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.