Need Help With Old IDS - Nuzzler Securepoint

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by daniel2007, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daniel2007

daniel2007 Registered Member

Hello all,

Just joined Wilder's yesterday and saw some posts about an old IDS by SecurePoint - Nuzzler.

I'm testing as many of these as I can and even have a full working version of this software but after the install, up pops this "enter activation key" window. It's a free product - even though discontinued - but I can't find this key # anywhere.

Does anyone still have the # ? SecPoint doesn't respond, and I've searched for an hour already on the web with zip, nada, nothing.

Also, anyone who wants to try it can let me know, and I'll upload my v2.0.9.102 (about 1.7mb compressed) either by Rapidshare or email.

I'll PM the link to interested members.

~daniel~
    ps. I really like the looks of this software and am deadly serious about testing it.

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

3. daniel2007

Yes - nothing emailed. There is even a user support forum for Nuzzler where two people ask "what's up with activation keys" and the response is "we don't support this anymore" period.

So, my search goes on.......

stapp, do me a favor: post my request at any other forums you might use.

4. wishacker

wishacker Registered Member

Same here Dude.. I am also searching for the activation key of SecurePoint Intrusion Detection Tool. Hasn't find yet....:mad:

5. daniel2007

wishacker,
    i've given up looking for a #. The good news is that there are many, better, newer HIPS and the need for this IDS is rather a moot point. If you do actually run accross an activation number, let me know, but for now i'm going with SSM-free and maybe even Online Armor. Keep in mind that Nuzzler hasn't be updated in *years* so it might not even be worth the effort. Thanks for your interest.
    ~daniel~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.