Need Help With My Norton Scan Results - Spyware

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by Hipaulm, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hipaulm

Hipaulm Registered Member

Hi all

I ran a Norton Scan and it detected Adaware.dealhelper.
    When I did a full Norton Scan the Adaware.DealHelper appeared. I ticked the box for it to be removed and deleting appeared next to the file name. A new box then appeared saying exlude or skip. I clicked skip as I did not want this file excluded from the next scan and a message appeared saying that the file had not been deleted. I have run Adaware Personal and Spybot too and have looked at Norton website for help.
    Not sure what to next. Can anybody please help.

Regards

Paul

2. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

i have had this sorta thing happen to me in the past. look at the address it gives for the adware. and manually hunt it down and delete it. run a search or try to go through the chain following it to where it is. search may be faster. have had some similar types of stuff norton wont delete and found this way will work. might have to turn off system restore before you run search as it might be hiding there also. then after you delete it reboot and run norton again to see if its truly gone. if so then turn back on sys restore.
    unless someone else has a better idea.

3. Hipaulm

Hi, thanks for that.
    I have done a search for the following threat:
    c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\6J63IDYB\B\dhcjb(1).html but cannot find it. Shouold I just delete my temporary internet files. Will that help.

4. scott lang

try going into my computer/tools/folder options/view and check to show hidden files and folders and uncheck the next 2 below that run search again and see if it finds it then

5. Hipaulm

Scott, still no luck I'm afraid. Show hidden files was already unticked and I alos done what else you said. Confused now.

6. scott lang

so other than norton picking it up then, you cant see it anyother way? hmm, maybe try doing all i mentioned running in safe mode instead of normal mode.
    when you said show was unticked there should been two choices. donot show and show. you want show checked not donot show.

7. Hipaulm

Thanks for your help Scot. Problem solved after deleting Tepm Internet Files.
    Ran Norton and scan was clear.

Cheers

8. scott lang

im glad ys gotther fixed up. happy to of helped in any way i could.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.