Need Help With IE Settings

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by sflorack, Jan 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sflorack

sflorack Registered Member

I accidentally deleted my IE security settings, and am looking for a good reference as to what I should have checked/unchecked. The "high" level seems to give me various warnings every website I visit, and the "medium" level may be too unsecure for general surfing.

I tried to find a reputable reference (PC Magazine, etc) but haven't come across anything yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. sflorack

The first reference seemed a little harsh; blocking all (including signed) active x. The second looked pretty decent, so I went ahead and used the ones provided. I'm still getting some dialogs popping up that weren't before, but at least I have a place to start from. Thanks!

4. sflorack

The problem I've noticed with IE security is that it's very non-user friendly. For example, I receive a dialog box stating "The current web page is trying to open a site on the Internet. Do you want to allow this?", but it doesn't reference which of the 50 settings allows me to turn this off in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.