need help with IE 7

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by acr1965, Dec 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Hello all,
    I have tried to run IE7 but for some reason it messes with my start menu. Nothing is accessible from the start menu. But any program that has a desktop icon runs fine and IE7 seems to run fine. Fortunately I had a desktop icon to access an uninstall program to get rid of IE7 and go back to IE6.

Has anyone had similar issues? Any ideas or suggestions as to what I can do to have IE7 downloaded and running properly?

Thanks.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I've had no such issues and I run IE7 exclusively.

3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi acr1965,

This may be IE7 specific but try number 117. Possibly 161, 165, or 289 here.
    After dwnlding .... rt clk, select edit. This will allow you to preview their registry location's for cross-checking.

Whoop's! :D - "Fortunately I had ...."

MVP Bill Castner has commented on a similiar experience - http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=22165
    Try to prepare as clean an install environment by reading through ALL release note's.

GF

Last edited: Dec 3, 2006
  4. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Hey I went to that link and got a few tips. I suppose I had a AS or AV program running when I tried to install previously. Anyway, all is well now. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.