Need help with firmware....

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Firecat, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Hello :)

I have a Samsung SM-352F combo drive. Samsung has two locations to download the latest firmware for this drive:

1)Samsung Download Center (http://www.samsung.com)
    2)Samsung ODD division (www.samsungodd.com)

My drive came with firmware version T902. I checked Samsung's download center, and the latest version is listed as T903. However, If I download T903, the BIN file for the upgrade contains the T901 firmware.

The other site (samsungodd.com) says that T902 is the latest version.

However, if I search the Web, I get a T905 firmware, as well as the correct download for T903. And all these downloads point to Samsung's own servers as well.

So which version firmware do I use? All of them seem to work fine and seem official (download link is from Samsung's server). Please help.

Thanks,
    FC :)

2. dog

dog Guest

If all is well FC I'd leave it as is, there's always potential for issues to pop up. If your insistant on upgrading the firmware ... I'd send an email to their tech support, requesting further advise and the correct link for the DL. ;)

3. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

What are you trying to get out of the firmware upgrade?.

If what you have so far works on the disks you use with no problems then there is no need to upgrade.

I only upgraded mine to allow bitsetting.

4. Firecat

Well, the versions T903 and above offer better readability of some particular DVD-Rs (of some videos) of mine.....Not that the current (T902) firmware does not read those, but sometimes there is a small pause while playing the tracks which does not happen with T903 and above.

Otherwise everything is just fine. Other DVDs (including movie/video DVDs) work well too. Just these two DVDs (both video DVDs) have problems.

Should I just put those videos on a better brand of DVD-R? :)

5. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Hi firecat :)
    You should only use the firmware from the samsung site. The correct version is Subject Global distribution
    As you live in India you will have the EXPORT version so it is best to stick with T902 FIRMWARE

The newest firmware T902 of SM-352F
    Applied model : EXPORT

Improvement: Progress of disk cognitive faculty
    If you click on firmware downloads you will find this firmware on page 8 or i personnally would use and install the Firmware [live]

http://www.samsungodd.com/eng/

Regards

6. Firecat

Thanks Nick. I have re-flashed back to version T902 (using Samsung's tool called SFDNWIN). Cleaning those DVDs made them read better, so I pretty much dont have a problem anymore. :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.