need help with Ewido

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by annie57, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annie57

annie57 Registered Member

Hi...I am new at this, so please bear with me....thanks.
    I had to uninstall and reinstall Ewido today due to the fact that my computer's registry keys were corrupted by a virus and I had to do the"PC Recovery" process( and reinstall everything!!)
    Ewido appears to be reinstalled and even scanned okay, but I cannot open the resident shield and I do not even understand how to. When I click on activate it comes up with an error message that tells me it didn't work. I checked FAQ's and didn't find any answer there either. I did however find this forum. Maybe someone can help me with this. I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
    annie

P.S. What other type of controls would you advise? I have McAfee, Ewido and Ad-aware. I put parental controls on McAfee and I am hoping that works.
    Thanks.

2. Okanagan

Okanagan Registered Member

Resident shield only tells you, whether it is active, or, when you click on "Change state" ,it will turn red and say inactive. To change it back to active, click on "Change state" again.

Which version do you have? Free or paid?
    ewido is now AVG Anti-Spyware. you should download version 7.5.50, which
    has an improved mechanism for ewido 4.0 It will tell you how to install it.
    Get it here: http://www.grisoft.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.