Need help with Backup and Recovery 10.0 Compact - please

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by bgoodman4, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

RE: Paragon Backup and Recovery 10.0 Compact edition

I am in the process of recommending this program to a friend and have installed it on my PC so I can become familiar with it before I try to show her how to use it. I able to use most of the programs features but for the life of me I cannot get the backup image to mount as a drive. It does not matter what I select the mount archive menu command remains grayed out. I have not tried to do a restore (there is only so much I am willing to do to try and help my friend and wiping my PCs drive and trying to restore it is not one of them) but I do get to the point where I would have to click on Apply (which would trigger the restore) without any issue so I assume the archive is fine. I also am able to access and copy individual files from the archive to my C: drive, so again I take this to indicate the archive image is OK. I know the only way to be 100% sure an archive is good is to do a restore but........

Does anyone have any idea why the image may be un-mountable? Being unable to get this sorted out would not lead me to drop Paragon from being suggested/recommended to my friend but not being able to mount the image has me by the tail and its making me a bit crazy.

Any help that can be provided will be most appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  2. bgoodman4

I guess nobody can help with this. No biggie but a bit disappointing.

Will check back later and then I will be reverting my PC to remove Paragon but as noted above I will be installing it on my friends PC, perhaps the mount image function will work with a different archive.

If anyone has any idea please let me know,

Thanks

3. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Make sure that you have the Universal Image Mounter component installed. To check, Open Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager.

If it is not present in the device manager, go to C:/Program Files/Paragon Software/Backup & Recovery/uim/ and run uim_x86.exe

Regards,
    Tommy

4. bgoodman4

Thank you very much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.