Need help with Backup and Recovery 10.0 Compact - please

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by bgoodman4, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

RE: Paragon Backup and Recovery 10.0 Compact edition

I am in the process of recommending this program to a friend and have installed it on my PC so I can become familiar with it before I try to show her how to use it. I able to use most of the programs features but for the life of me I cannot get the backup image to mount as a drive. It does not matter what I select the mount archive menu command remains grayed out. I have not tried to do a restore (there is only so much I am willing to do to try and help my friend and wiping my PCs drive and trying to restore it is not one of them) but I do get to the point where I would have to click on Apply (which would trigger the restore) without any issue so I assume the archive is fine. I also am able to access and copy individual files from the archive to my C: drive, so again I take this to indicate the archive image is OK. I know the only way to be 100% sure an archive is good is to do a restore but........

Does anyone have any idea why the image may be un-mountable? Being unable to get this sorted out would not lead me to drop Paragon from being suggested/recommended to my friend but not being able to mount the image has me by the tail and its making me a bit crazy.

Any help that can be provided will be most appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  2. bgoodman4

I guess nobody can help with this. No biggie but a bit disappointing.

Will check back later and then I will be reverting my PC to remove Paragon but as noted above I will be installing it on my friends PC, perhaps the mount image function will work with a different archive.

If anyone has any idea please let me know,

Thanks

3. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Make sure that you have the Universal Image Mounter component installed. To check, Open Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager.

If it is not present in the device manager, go to C:/Program Files/Paragon Software/Backup & Recovery/uim/ and run uim_x86.exe

Regards,
    Tommy

4. bgoodman4

Thank you very much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.