Need help with adding something to the exclusions list.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by wade7575, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wade7575

wade7575 Registered Member

I'm trying to put a program on my friends PC not sure what it was called as I do not use the program and that was a few night's ago.I know threre is a exclusion feature somewhere in ESET 4 but I'm not sure whereor how to use it.Could someone lease give me a step by step on how to do this.Thanks again.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. wade7575

Ok that article was somewht helpful and thanks,now here is my problem the item is in the Quarantine in ESET 4 and I can not find out where Quarantined items are put in my PC ,I tried to tell it to restore but as soon as I do it just put's it right back into the Quarantine can you tell me what the file is called and where it has put it on my PC so can find it so I will know where to look when I'm using the add button to find it.

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

once in quarantined area right click on the file and select restore and exclude from scanning. Assuming that is not malware in disguise of course

5. wade7575

Also why do they even have the Restore feature if as soon as I have Restored the File why it delete's it again I can see it restored then bang it's gone again why not have a feature where you can tell it to leave it alone for a certain length of time before it tries to delete the file.

6. wade7575

Thanks for your help and I seem to have everything working now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.