Need help with a strange problem!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Atomas31, Nov 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi,

I have a strange problem that goes like that :

I don't know why but everytime I click on a link on a help menu of any of my software, it opens a white page of Explorer (everything is white, no address in the bar or anywhere on Explorer). That windows can be closed but then the application in wich I click on the menu become a white windows with nothing in ito_O And worst of all, is that there is no way I can close this windows, I can only minimise ito_O What's wrong in my systemo_O What is the problemo_O Can anyone have a clue?

thank you for your help,
    Atomas31

2. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

I am not an expert but have u done a spyware scan with Ad-Aware or Spybot? Have you done a virus scan? Try closing windows by using Control, Alt, delete & see if that works.

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Atomas31,

I saw where you had some earlier problems with PG3 beta and had some system crashes. Sometimes with crashes and installing/uninstalling different apps can lead to some files being damaged or removed.

This following link may or may not fix the problem, but it's worth a try. I've posted the link out in full so you can copy & paste it into your locaton bar in case clicking on it results in a white page:

Microsoft Help & Support: "You cannot open a new Internet Explorer window or nothing occurs after you click a link"

http:// support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q281679&ID=KB;EN-US;Q281679
    (I had to put a space in after the two // so the full link would show. Just remove the space there)

If the above link does not help in fixing the problem, then it could mean that your browser has been hijacked and you should what do Peaches4U has suggested and scan with Ad-AwareSE and/or Spybot Search & Destroy, or another trusted anti-spyware program.

Here are some steps you can follow that may also help:

"General Cleaning Instructions"
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=50662

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

snap

Last edited: Nov 8, 2004
  4. Atomas31

Thank you for your help,

It appears that the problem is related with PG 3.0, so I will ask my question on their forum!

Thanks' guy,
    Atomas31

5. Atomas31

Thank you Snapdragin, after doing everything said on the web site you refer to me and some PG 3.0 tweekling, everything seems OK for now ;-)

Thank you very much,
    Atomas31

6. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

You're very welcome, Atomas31. I'm glad to hear it helped and that your system seems to be working ok now. :)

Thank you for letting us know.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.