Need help undoing a partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Senzuri, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senzuri

Senzuri Registered Member

Alright, I started with a 80gig hard drive. This was my first time I've ever partitioned a hard drive. But because I wasn't careful I made a big mistake, I made the partitioned part of my hard drive the active partition. Because of this windows failed to boot up, anyway I fixed the problem by installing windows on a separate hard drive and fixed the problem.

However I wasn't able to delete the partition that I made (It was something like 20gig). So now I'm stuck with a 60gig hard drive and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Here's a screenshot:

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2150/partitionerrorip2.jpg

2. Senzuri

Hello? Can anybody help me? It would be appciated

3. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Senzuri:

You should be able to fix this with Acronis Disk Director (DD). If you want to enlarge your C drive to incorporate the 17.9 GB of free space, then do the following:

1. Start DD
    2. Right-click on your C partition
    3. Choose "Resize"
    4. Drag the handle on the extreme right side of the graphic to enlarge the C partition. Don't move the data within the partition, just enlarge it. When you are finished check that the unallocated space before is zero and the unallocated space after is zero and that the partition size is the maximum possible.
    5. Click on the checkered flag to commit.

This will give you back the maximum partition size for the C drive.

4. Senzuri

5. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Senzuri:

I see the problem. You have DD set on Automatic mode. When you start DD the next time, set it to manual mode (on the view menu) and then follow the steps in my previous post.

Don't use the "Increase Free Space" wizard. This wizard was designed to increase the size of one partition by decreasing the size of another. You don't want that.

6. Senzuri

Awsome, it worked! Thanks a lot k0lo :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.