Need Help.. True Image wont write backup image into dvd discs ..

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kannanni, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kannanni

kannanni Registered Member

Hi There,

Im using latest build of True Image 8.0.800

Im trying and re-trying to create and burn an image of my main drive C: into various dvd empty media discs but i cannot manage to do it.. I always get the message to please insert first empty CD disc..??
    True image is always trying and forcing to burn the image into empty CD discs..?

Can someone here help and tell me how to do it as im getting crazy.. I really like this peace of software and i am wondering how come norton ghost 9 managed to create and burn everything without any big hassle..

Latest nero suite deluxe is installed plus various main known burners are installed in my system and to tell u the truth i never had any problems with my dvd dual rw burner (NEC DVD RW ND-3500AG) and various empty dvd disc i use, im wondering if there is any bugs on this acronis build or what ?

rgds,
    kannanni

2. tronic592001

tronic592001 Registered Member

kannanni hi

did you format the dvd disks??

:eek:

3. kannanni

kannanni Registered Member

Hi Tronic,

disks are brand new from the box m8, i didnt try dvd-rw, i only tried various empty dvd discs.. i made a test with latest ghost 9 just now and it burned it just fine.. is a shame becouse i dont really like any symantecs products on my system.. but if i cant manage with acronis i will be forced to.. as i have no other choice to backup my image which i really have to do it..

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

5. Marc_G

Marc_G Registered Member

To Acronis:

Since packet-writing schemes (requiring pre-format of the disk etc.) are notoriously unreliable, does Acronis have plans to institute standard DVD-burning functionality like most of the other major players do?
    Right now I write images to a separate partition then burn them to DVD with Nero, which works, but takes more time.

Marc

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Marc,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Yes, we are planning to implement direct DVD burning in future versions of Acronis True Image. However, current scheme is designed so that it is most reliable. For example, for the sake of compatibility when you burn the image in one-step method the image file is automatically splitted into 2Gb parts.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.