Need Help Surf Anonomous Is Ruining my Computer, need help

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AnthonyG, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Hi,

Yesterday i installed Surf Anonymous to my computer but after five minutes i relized it was junk so i went to add remove programs and removed the software (i thought successfully)

But now even though the program is gone from my installed programs, a message from surf anonomous is constantly popping up on my computer, no matter what i am doing, saying "your allowed 10 minutes are over, please register the product".

What do i do, it isnt even installed on my computer no more but its constantly bringing up my computer, which when it does it locks up my computer until i click ok, which when i do it goes away for another 10 minutes then comes back.

All i can say who ever created this program needs to be shot as i do not want it but it wont leave me alone, so how do i get rid of it once and for all.

Thanks, i really appreciate your help

Last edited: Sep 4, 2004
  2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Use explorer to find it's folder (probably stil there) in programs. Use a good registrycleaner like RegSupreme. You can also try windows own "find" function to trace every file Surf Anonymous left behind. :)

3. o_0

o_0 Guest

I know this won't help now but in the future you could try to set a system restore point before installing any program, that way if it doesn't work out you can just go back to a point before the problem started. I myself use Goback a program from Symantec for this purpose and it works everytime like a charm. Just something i thought i would pass along that may help you down the road. I hope you resolve your problem.

4. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hi Anthony,

Where did you download from, and what is the exact program name?

5. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

6. GlobalForce

I'll get back to this tonight, OK Anthony.
    Hang in there...

GF

7. GlobalForce

Anthony, tell me you've the checked add/remove programs window, and your "C" drive folders (name ref.),
    and finally your programs folder (on drive C) for any reference to "surf anonymous".

Have you "searched" for any of the following : 1) Proxy Hunter, 2) Proxy Analyzer, 3) Proxy Capture, 4) Proxy Pool?

Here, go to this page, read it, and look for an entry in taskmanager under the "processes" tab.
    Your looking for something that does not belong there. If you find something, "DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING", report back.

You can reposition taskmanager to the right and make it a bit smaller so as to work with the page.

GF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.