need help of router firewall experts!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by guest, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

hi,
    in order to solve my internet connection issues which causes web pages not to open/load or half load/open (w/out images) and web image display problems; how should i set the below values? what do you recommend?
    thanks.

2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

which router?

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

default settings should suffice. did you always have connections issues? is there another router you can swap with to exclude any sofware on your machine as a cause missing images?

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

did you contact your service provider? You shouldn't have to fiddle with your router settings to that extent

5. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Take a look at DD WRT wiki regarding half open connections and timeout periods.
    I think your problem is the low amount of RAM in your router.Poor routers have less memory than they should and when the firmware is bugged the memory filles with NAT info .
    Solution is either a new firmware either a new router with at least 32 megs of ram and a powerfull CPU.You have many cheap alternatives out there.Try quality brands or get pFSense and make your own from an older rig.
    And turn off loging capabilities ,it uses RAM as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.