Need help making BartPE CD!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by photogman, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. photogman

photogman Registered Member

I've followed the instructions exactly in the Beginner's Guide to Creating a BartPE CD and I got to step 8 where I had to slipstream SP2 into the I386 folder. Entered the command shell/Dos and entered the syntax exactly as it is in the instructions. But then it attempted to write all the files into my G: external USB drive. And then I got an error. So, I shut down my G: drive and tried it again. Then it started writing all the files to my D: RAID 1 and again I got the error.

My syntax is exactly as it is specified in the Bart guide. Don't know what I can do at this point. Any help would be appreciated!

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s271/photogman/bart1.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s271/photogman/bart2.jpg

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

I just recently used the guide and during the SP2 slipstream process my external drive was used for temporary file extraction. Thats probably what you are seeing. Are your XP source and the SP2 the sam language which is what your second error message implies? You could also try Autostreamer to slipstream SP2 http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/Autostreamer.shtml

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  3. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

Download NLite or NLight. Follow the instructions. Integrate SP2. Make a new Windows boot disc. Follow BartPe UBCD4Win or XPE instructions--then make a boot disc.

4. photogman

I tried using Autostreamer as well, but it won't populate the operating system, build or size......and the NEXT button is grayed out. Any other suggestions. It's frustrating after following all the instructions and still not being able to slipstream the sp2 file into i386 folder.

Attached Files:

5. mustang

mustang Developer

How much time are you willing to waste to avoid spending $99 on a WinXP/SP2 Upgrade disk?

6. photogman

Mustang, I'm one of those kind of guys that when I balance a bank statement, it has to come out to the PENNY!

I assume you meant $99 and not $9. I guess a while longer considering I'm working with a $39.99 backup program.

7. thomasjk

You said you received a language error. Are your source and SP2 the same language?

8. photogman

Attached Files:

9. thomasjk

I saw your other thread and it seems the issues were related to the OEM CD you were using and/or the fact that your source had hot fixes beyond SP2.

10. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

To me, that is one third the price of the new desktop I'm saving for. :D And then of course, there's the challenge factor. I know I found the instructions on many sites difficult to follow until I found one that worked for me.
    Photogman, if you like I can send you those instructions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.