Need help getting started

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Packrat1947, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Packrat1947

Packrat1947 Registered Member

Hello,
    I'm trying to use the trial version, but keep getting stuck. Is there a step-by-step guide somewhere. How does one do a backup. Do I use the "new schedule wizard". I don't see where I enter schedule times.

Also, what the heck is the difference between "new snapshot" and "new archive"?

I'm used to using Ghost 2003 and Drive Image 2002. They seem to be easier to use then First Defense. There is something missing here in the user interface -- or is it just me.

Thanks for any pointers.

Ron N.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Packrat

First realize that First Defense is not a backup/imaging program. It won't help a bit if you have a disk drive failure. First Defense takes a snapshot of your system, that is essentially a bootable copy of your c: drive. It is stored on your c drive. That way if something trashes your system, you can intercept the boot and boot into the other snapshot.

An archive is a a non bootable copy of a snapshot that would be kept on an external type drive.

I would suggest as a first step you thoroughly read the documentation.

Pete

3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.