need help getting rid of a trojan horse

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by roland deschain, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roland deschain

roland deschain Registered Member

anone know how to get rid of trojan horse Proxy.10.BB?
    if u do i would appreciate it if u would reply ty . i have
    avg free , process gaurd free ,and nav . i cant delete or healthe file with these av cleaners need help

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi roland deschain. :)

Welcome to Wilders.

I can't seem to find much info on this trojan.

Can u post the exact file it is in?

Also did u try to delete it in safe mode?

snowbound

3. roland deschain

it is in the file tl7000[2].dll

4. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

tl7000.dll is installed via ActiveX and is part of "Direct Plugin Dialer". I could not find much out about it either except I do know that SpywareBlaster blocks its installation. It is likely if you just delete the file it will come back as the CLSID and DPF info is stored in the registry. If you have not already, I would install and run both AdAware and SpyBot Search and Destroy and see if they can get rid of it. If not, You may have to post a HJT log at one of the ASAP member sites (see my signature). Once you get it off of your system, I would strongly suggest you use SpywareBlaster to keep it from coming back.

5. roland deschain

well i got it deleted by starting up in safe mode . i am running NAV and AVGto see if it is going to show back up. what exactly do i need to do if it dose? other than get spy wareblaster to block it
    i would also like to say thankyou for the replys please reply if you have any other suggestions

6. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Did you run either NAV or AVG in safe mode? or did you manually delete the file in safe mode? If you let NAV or AVG delete it, they should have cleared the ActiveX control settings from your registry and you are OK. If not you may need to go to an ASAP site and post a HJT log if it comes back. If it is gone, I would definitely install SpywareBlaster and it will block ActiveX items like this one and more from installing on your system in the future....

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You may want to take a look here for further discussion on security and how to make your system that much stronger and here for more.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

8. roland deschain

i restarted in safe mode and went in to the avg virus vault and deleted it there hopefuly that was the right course of action. I plan to get spyware blaster as soon as i find ou if it is gone or not ty for answering

9. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

MSN+ user?

Ciao,

[GLOW="gray"] Smokey[/GLOW]

10. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.