Need help for Kerio 2.1.5 - error

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by act8192, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

I've had Kerio 2.1.5 on my XP-pro computer before. Several times.
    Today I reinstalled it again and can't get in to Admin panel nor Status.
    The splash screen at startup was there.
    PERSFW is running.
    The icon is there.

The error window title is C:\...\PersonalFirewall\PFWADMIN.exe
    The error text is "LoginAuthenticate::Unable to connect to PersfwEngine! - error 10065"

When I try to connect and specify local host - no go.

What could the problem be?
    I also run SSM, PeerGuardian2, and at this point the network cable is disconnected anyway. SSM is not blocking Kerio as far as I know. Never did before.

2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

It's been quite a while since i ran Kerio 2. Just a shot in the dark. In Control Panel , admin tools, services, make sure the "TCP IP NetBios Helper" service is running. Kerio 2 couldn't run without it last time i remember. Although i can't remember what message it was giving.

Just a wild guess.

3. act8192

Thanks for the hint. Unfortunately it didn't work. Can you search your brain some more, please :) And anyway, Kerio, by localhost always meant 127.0.0.1 and not NetBIOS names.
    Something broke local host - I just pinged it and it says destination unreachable, oh boy, what now?

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Did you change anything recently that may have caused this? I think I'd also make sure that neither SSM nor PG are disrupting Kerio in any way. Other than that, I have no ideas really. I do remember some people saying that Kerio 2.1.5 was always a slight bit flakey running on XP. I used it with no issues on Win2k for years, but when I tried on XP I lost rules a few times, and I do remember seeing a few odd error messages now and then. Sorry I can't be of much help here...

5. act8192

Unfortunately I changed a bunch of things. But 2 hours ago everything worked, internet, local host, everything.
    Then I uninstalled Outpost FW, the free offering. Rebooted. Ran CCleaner. Rebooted. Installed Kerio, rebooted and never expected trouble.

Kerio worked fine for me on W2K-SP4, XP-SP2 and SP3, and XP-Pro-SP2 and SP3.
    Something weird today.

Nothing in the event log.
    I did plug the cable and got IP address from the router. I can't ping any local boxes (suspect Kerio since I never got a chance to tweak it as I can't get in). Anyway, the error persists :(

6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Hmmm... that makes me think that perhaps installing and removing Outpost may have broken something...

7. act8192

Guys, thanks for help. I'm ok now.
    It just needed more reboots!
    I see other boxes on the LAN, Kerio connected itself to its ports, default rules are in ... things look good :)

Outpost uninstalls ok, it's a very, very nice firewall. Nothing ever interfered for me before.

8. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Glad to hear everything's ok..... :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.