Need help fixing this error

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Vistax64Gamer, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vistax64Gamer

Vistax64Gamer Registered Member

I just did a complete reinstall back to windows vista x64 because I was having complete lockups on my windows 7 os.

The problem I now have is I get various bsod's specificly targeted to netio.sys and stop 0x0000007e with nod32.

The only thing that is on this system is as follows:
    -Nvidia 15.23, Nvidia 182.08, Nhancer 2.45
    -Realtek 2.17 HD, Creative XFI 2.18.0008, Creative Console and Alchemy
    -HP 4140 Basic Printer driver 9.0.0
    -Adobe Reader 9, Adobe Flash IE and Firefox, WMP11 Plugin for Firefox, and Finally Firefox and Thunderbird themselves.

Thats it, nothing else - Now when I install comodo + nod32 v4 314 I get stop 0x0000007e and netio.sys blue screens.

I have never seen this netio.sys error ever before in all of my previous installs and formats. Please help!

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Two things I'd like to mention.

1. Make sure your drivers are up-to-date since your wipe, especially your Network Interface Card (NIC) drivers.
    2. Try disabling comodo for a while or use windows firewall to test, one of the people posting here seemed to have issues with it.

3. Vistax64Gamer

Vistax64Gamer Registered Member

I don't get the netio.sys error or I haven't yet since I uninstalled nod32 and comodo. I did all of my windows updates 77 + 8 + 1 + 1 + sp1 + sp2 reboot between each, then I reinstalled nod32 v4 314. So far "so far" I haven't had a single netio.sys bsod. I was using the newest drivers from each manufacturers website.

When I first tried this before doing any windows updates I got the netio.sys bsod like crazy.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  4. elapsed

So doing the windows updates fixed it or removing comodo fixed it? Keep in mind on Vista, ESET requires at least SP1 be installed to function.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

ESET requires Vista's SP1 to function on Vista x64 ? That's not true.

6. elapsed

Why is x64 any different from x32?

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

the x64 is 64-bit Windows . I wrote Vista x64 because the OP uses 64-bit Windows Vista.

ESET products doesn't require any update or Service Pack to be installed in order to install or work . ESET v2 , v3 and v4 products will install and work even on plain Windows 2000 , on plain Windows XP or on plain Vista . By plain I mean OS with no updates or SP installed (e.g. Windows Vista without SP1 or Windows XP without any SP).

8. elapsed

WFP was only introduced in SP1 as far as I'm aware.

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , you are wrong . There were some changes that have been made with the introduction of Vista's SP1 but Windows Filtering Platform has been in Vista from the commercial beginning.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb981800.aspx

Additionally , you wrote that
    which I (and perhaps everybody else) understand as a statement that ESET products require SP1 (of Vista) to be installed to function

Plus , it is not certain if WFP has anything to do with the OP's problem . The fact is he has no problems with the latest build of EAV and the latest drivers :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.