Need Help Deciding to come back to Eset, been 3 years

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by dfine1966, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dfine1966

dfine1966 Registered Member

My license for KIS 2010 is up in 30 days. I have had Kaspersky for 3 years. Before KIS, I had Nod 32 for a few years. I always check ratings and everything else. Also, when I went to Kaspersky, they had a full Internet Security program which at the time Eset did not have one yet released. I wanted an all in one program. What is important to me is the AV, firewall, email protection, proactive defense . I don't use the built in AntiSpam, because I have Outlook 2007. I do want a good heuristics engine, and a program that updates virus protection as soon as it comes out. I basically want all the features KIS2010 has, but doesn't weigh down my system. I have already ordered Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and have RC installed now. I will do a clean install next week when I receive my copy. I do use KIS 2010 on two computers, one with Windows 7 and the other Windows XP.

My question is does ESS 4 do all of this. How is the firewall. I know KIS is pretty good. I really haven't heard anything about ESS firewall. How is ESS 4 as a security suite? I really like having an all in one. When I did have NOD 32 back in the day, I never once got a virus, but I was tired of buying multiple products. I also remember that I had to custom install NOD to make it cover to make it work its best. Is there still a tutorial of what settings to put in? Will ESS work with Windows 7 64 bit? Does it still use low resources?

I have another 30 days to decide, but after reading AV comparitive, it looks like KIS went down a little and ESET was back up again.

Please, I am looking for details of why I should go back to ESET. I know about KIS 2010, but I want to here likes and dislikes about ESS 4. How it works. Is it still good? Also, KIS allows free updates to newer product, ie 2009 to 2010, as long as your license is not up, does Eset do this?

Thanks again.

David

2. Temp Member

Temp Member Registered Member

I remember when Nod32 was king but ESS is a bit buggy esp v4 which was rushed to met a time line for a show in Vegas.

You can upgrade/downgrade builds with your License as much as you like.

3. dfine1966

dfine1966 Registered Member

My question was, is ESS 4 a better overall suite than Kasperksy 2010. If it is, how is it better?

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello David,

We don't allow antivirus comparison threads here on the forums much less in the support forum.

I suggest reading through the existing threads on the forum, perhaps trial the programs you may want, and make your decision.

See this post. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=180128

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.