Need Help Bigtime...

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by SpeN, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeN

SpeN Registered Member

Hey guys iam new here so i dont know if this post is in the right place so sorry if it isnt..Anyways i have a couple of problems..First off when iam just browsin the net and iam finished i close the window and get an error message. This is it..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/Pimpdaddy69/jjjuuyhh.jpg

I have ran adaware, spybot,xoftspy and they all say iam clean..

2nd problem . I have etrust antivirus and it has always been clean until i ran it yesterday and i got 10 viruses.They can be deleted for some reason. all 2 do with java..This is it

I have had a problem with java for a while. I use lime wire and it was not workin 4 a while cause i had a currupt java file it said.. I unenstalled java then reinstalled it and same problem..Ur help would be appreciated...Thanks..

Attached Files:

• err2.jpg
      err2.jpg
      File size:
      93.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2005
  2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

If you are using the latest Sun Java version 1.5, follow the instructions to clean your cache here:- http://www.java.com/en/download/help/5000020300.xml

Then run eTrust and see what happens.

Also, click Start/Run, type cleanmgr, click O.K.; then run cleanmanager to empty your temp internet files. See if that solves your first problem.

3. SpeN

SpeN Registered Member

Thanks alot..The java stuff worked but the first problem is still there.. anyone know how 2 get rid of it..

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi SpeN

Have you tried running a repair disk from your OS's CD, maybe see if anything is corrupted/missing, etc.

but of course that may not be it, just a thought.

Cheers, TAS

5. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Or, to put it another way, you can try running System File Checker (sfc.exe).

To run it, click Start/Run and type 'sfc.exe /scannow' (without the quotes but with the space between the 'e' and the '/'). If it finds a corrupt file you will have to put your Windows CD in the drive, so that sfc.exe can replace the bad file with a fresh copy.

Can't promise this will work, but it's worth a try!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.