Need generala advice on backup-tools

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by webrus, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webrus

webrus Registered Member

Need general advice on backup-tools

I am searching for software that can provide the following issues:

I have a NAS for backup reasons. Now I am trying to find out what's the rigth software for saving my data.

I tried the onboard tool of Vista. Unfortunately it seems to me that I wont be able to get my data back if I am trying to do so from another computer than teh one the backup-file was produced? - Or did I miss something with it.

On the orther hand just copying the files to the NAS also is no solution (it takes 5 or more hours to copy 35GB tjis way o_O

So what to use, if I don't want it to take days to produce backup files and want to be able to reproduce them at any other system?

Excuse me for my humble English.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  2. Spiral123

Spiral123 Registered Member

look at Areca backup...

3. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

4. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

I use secondcopy to copy my data from my computer to my NAS. Everything is copied uncompressed, no need for any special programs to access that info from another computer. It checks my folders every hour for any changes and copys those changes.. It is always running in the background and is extremely reliable.

Anytime you copied to an NAS it will take time. After your original copy, it will be quick to only copy those changes as needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.