need download link for oracle vm guest additions 4.3.4 r91027

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by taleblou, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:

I just have updated to the latest 4.3.4 r91027 and now the vm is asking for the guest additions to be update. Can anyone tell me where I can get the updated guest additions to download? I searched oracle's main web site and could not find any link to guest additions. Thanks in advance.

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

What OS do you have installed as guest? Some Linux and BSD distros include VirtualBox pre-installed and it's more convenient letting them update from the repository.

Otherwise, Host+D (see Devices menu) mounts the Guest Additions ISO in the virtual CD/DVD drive. Further instructions depend on the OS installed.

*Now I see your signature. Just do "right Ctrl" + D, let it autorun, install, and reboot.

3. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

What J_L said, about installing them.

In VirtualBox on Linux, VBoxGuestAdditions.iso is in /usr/share/virtualbox/.

I don't know where it is in Windows.

Finding them online is a pain. I have found them, but I don't remember where.

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

On Windows hosts, it's in "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox". They should come installed with VirtualBox by default. If you're missing them, I would just re-install.

5. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

That was too obvious for me :(

6. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Thanks for your responses. Finally figured it out after watching a youtube video on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.