need download link for oracle vm guest additions 4.3.4 r91027

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by taleblou, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:

I just have updated to the latest 4.3.4 r91027 and now the vm is asking for the guest additions to be update. Can anyone tell me where I can get the updated guest additions to download? I searched oracle's main web site and could not find any link to guest additions. Thanks in advance.

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

What OS do you have installed as guest? Some Linux and BSD distros include VirtualBox pre-installed and it's more convenient letting them update from the repository.

Otherwise, Host+D (see Devices menu) mounts the Guest Additions ISO in the virtual CD/DVD drive. Further instructions depend on the OS installed.

*Now I see your signature. Just do "right Ctrl" + D, let it autorun, install, and reboot.

3. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

What J_L said, about installing them.

In VirtualBox on Linux, VBoxGuestAdditions.iso is in /usr/share/virtualbox/.

I don't know where it is in Windows.

Finding them online is a pain. I have found them, but I don't remember where.

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

On Windows hosts, it's in "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox". They should come installed with VirtualBox by default. If you're missing them, I would just re-install.

5. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

That was too obvious for me :(

6. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Thanks for your responses. Finally figured it out after watching a youtube video on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.