Need Detail Help with SBS2003 to new Dell 2950

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rmcdonald, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmcdonald

rmcdonald Registered Member

Hi all,

I want to try the following I am going to take an image of Windows SBS2003 with SP1 and then try to put it on a Dell 2950.

I will be using the latest version of TI 9.1 Enterprise with UR.

I am planning to turn off the Exchange services and other services that are running Apps.

What I need to know is the following. It looks like I need to use BartPE since the Acronis boot cd does not support the 2950 drivers.

So does this mean I just need to add the Perc and network drivers to the BartPE Boot CD?

I just want to make sure I am doing this correctly. Any issues with this please let me know.

Thanks in Advance
    Ray

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rmcdonald,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server.

Please notice that Acronis Universal Restore is mainly intended to be used from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media interface. Therefore, could you please describe the problem you encounter with it in more details?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. rmcdonald

rmcdonald Registered Member

Hi there,

I have not tried to do this yet but I was reading other posts saying there was issues with the Acronis Boot CD not having the correct drivers for the Dell 2950 server.

I wanted to make sure I know everything ahead of time before I try to do this.

Thanks
    Ray

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rmcdonald,

Please note that the issue you referring to is related to the old builds of Acronis True Image. Each new build of Acronis True Image brings such improvements as better hardware support etc. Therefore, we would recommend that you create Acronis True Image Bootable CD using the latest build (3854) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server and latest version of Acronis Universal Restore and check its functionality. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Note that you should update all components including Acronis Agents, Acronis Management Console, Acronis Backup and Group Servers, Acronis Universal Restore as it is obligatory for all components to be of the same build in order to interact correctly.

Should you experience a problem with Acronis True Image when accessing from rescue mode, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Describe the issue you have experience and submit a request for technical support along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears. We will help you solve the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.