Need an all-cleaning boot CD for WinXP

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by valnar, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valnar

valnar Registered Member

My Dad came down with some malware that can't seem to be cleaned with the anti-malware programs I put on his PC, notably Malwarebytes and SpyBot. In Safe mode, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware detects a root-kit and says it cleans it, but apparently does not. His major symptom is his computer does not boot up all the way. Apparently Anti-Malware detects something on bootup and doesn't let him get all the way into Windows. He lives in another state and I usually can only support him remotely, like with VNC.

I want to send him a bootable CD with a variety of programs that can possibly detect and remove this root-kit or other baddies on his PC. 'Something that boots into a Windows environment would be ideal. What tools are out there for this?

2. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

3. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Yes UBCD4Win is the option for you.By default it has MBAM,SAS,Avira,VIPRE,KasperskyVRT,A-squared and others.Also it has Rootkitty along with other tools such as Mbrfix and EZpcfix,all in all it has everything you could need for a cleanup op.;)

4. valnar

valnar Registered Member

Got it. Thanks!

5. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Before doing such a download, you might consider testing Hitman Pro as it would probably be much easier; http://www.surfright.nl/en/

It incl. engines like ESET, Prevx, A-Squared, Avira and so on in one package and a scan which goes fast. Just test it in Safe-Mode with Networking so that it's the opportunity to reach its "cloud", since I can't imagine they make such a tool incompatible with that boot-mode.

EDIT: Oh... forgot that it got G Data also. :D That means you got some serious, badass power in one single application. :D